Welcome to the yacht club closest to the City of Edinburgh and with easy access to the excellent open sailing waters of the Firth of Forth.
We offer a full and varied calendar of club racing for keelboats and dayboats, timed to suit the tides:-
- Open and Closing Regattas (3 races: May and September)
- Evening racing (1 race: Wednesday/Thursday, May to early September)
- Saturday racing (2 races: May to October)
- Passage races held jointly with FCYC (4 Saturday/ Sundays: June to August)
- Cup races such as stern chases, single-handed race, crew race (Saturday/ Sunday: June to September)
- Summer Sprints (4+ races: June)
See the Events page for the full calendar of activities or the Sailing Calendar page for a printable version.
We have fleets of H-boats, Dragons and Squibs and generally sail in slow and fast handicap classes.
We regularly host open and national events. In 2021 we hosted the Dragon's Scottish Championship and Edinburgh Cup as well as the Squib Scottish and Northern Championships combined with the H-Boat Nationals and our annual One-Design event. In 2022 we co-hosted the Edinburgh Regatta with FCYC, held the Festival Series (evenings in August) and the One Design event, which, timed with the state funeral for our Queen, was renamed the Queen Elizabeth Regatta. In 2024 we will host the Squib UK National Championships from 15 to 21 June.
We have a large range of race course options using club buoys in Wardie Bay and the "mid-Firth" area to the north of Granton / Silverknowes. We also utilise the fixed marks around the Forth for our longer passage races.
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.
Sarah Robertson, Sailing Secretary
Last updated 14:22 on 17 May 2023