Welcome to the yacht club closest to the City of Edinburgh and with easy access to the excellent open sailing waters of the Firth of Forth.
We offer a full and varied calendar of club racing for keelboats and dayboats, timed to suit the tides:-
- Open and Closing Regattas (3 races: May and September)
- Evening racing (1 race: Wednesday/Thursday, May to early September)
- Saturday racing (2 races: May to October)
- Passage races held jointly with FCYC (4 Saturday/ Sundays: June to August)
- Cup races such as stern chases, single-handed race, crew race (Saturday/ Sunday: June to September)
- Summer Sprints (4+ races: June)
We have fleets of H-boats, Dragons and Squibs and generally sail in slow and fast handicap classes.
We regularly host open and national events. In 2021 we hosted the Dragon's Scottish Championship and Edinburgh Cup as well as the Squib Scottish and Northern Championships combined with the H-Boat Nationals and our annual One-Design event. In 2022 we will co-host the Edinburgh Regatta with FCYC, hold the Festival Series (evenings in August) and the One Design event.
We have a large range of race course options using club buoys in Wardie Bay and the "mid-Firth" area to the north of Granton / Silverknowes. We also utilise the fixed marks around the Forth for our longer passage races.
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.
Sarah Robertson, Sailing Secretary
Last updated 11:04 on 4 May 2022