Welcome to the yacht club closest to the City of Edinburgh and with easy access to the excellent open sailing waters of the Firth of Forth.
We offer a full and varied calendar of club racing for keelboats and dayboats, between April and October, timed to suit the tides:-
- Open and Closing Regattas (3 races per event)
- Evening racing (1 race per evening: Wednesday/Thursday, May to early September)
- Saturday racing (2 races per day: May to October)
- Passage races held jointly with FCYC (5 Saturday/ Sundays: May to September)
- Cup races such as stern chases, single-handed race, crew race (Saturday/ Sunday: April to September)
- Summer Sprints (4+ races: June)
See the Events calendar for the full calendar of activities.
We have one-design fleets of H-boats, Dragons and Squibs plus an increasingly popular cruiser-racer fleet.
We regularly host open and national events. In 2024 we will host the Squib UK National Championships from 15 to 21 June. In 2023 we hosted the VX One Nationals, The Squib Scottish & Northern Championships, the Dragon Scottish, Classic & Vintage Championships and the H-Boat Nationals. In 2021 we hosted the Dragon Edinburgh Cup.
Each year we run a "One Design" open event for Dragons, H-Boats and Squibs as well as co-hosting the Edinburgh Regatta for keelboats of all types with FCYC. We have also reinstated the RFYC Festival Series, timed to coincide with the Edinburgh Festival, offering relaxed evening racing for all keelboats nd with special emphasis on cruiser-racers.
We have a large range of race course options using club buoys in Wardie Bay and the "mid-Firth" area to the north of Granton / Silverknowes. We also utilise the fixed marks around the Forth for our longer passage races.
Please get in touch if you would like to find out more.
Sarah Robertson, Sailing Secretary email@example.com
Last updated 12:31 on 2 February 2024