Membership of the Royal Forth Yacht Club gives you access to great facilities, new friends and volunteer-organised events.
Potential members are always welcome to check out our facilities (contact the office) and to come for a sail on Open Sailing evenings (see the calendar for dates). From social events in our very own bar and clubhouse to regattas with visiting sailors from far and wide, feel free to browse our website to find out more about life at the Royal Forth Yacht Club.
- Club Points Race Entry - regular races are organised by our volunteer sailing committee throughout the summer season (there are also a number of chargeable cup races and regattas) with prizes including prestigious silver trophies engraved each year since the initial prize-giving.
- Club 'Round the Islands' Challenge - racing is not only for those 'hot shot racers' amongst you! Anyone, in any boat, can take part in our 'Round the Islands' challenge to take a passage around one of the nearby islands in the Firth of Forth, at a time convenient for you.
- Cruises in Company - join friendly members for a cruise in company, taking place throughout the summer season, almost always with a great lunch break over which to compare notes and share stories (inclusive of all the surprises Scottish weather can offer!).
- Rent a Club Boat - you don't have to be a boat owner to join the Royal Forth Yacht Club. We have a club squib and another as a long term loan, which you can rent for a small fee per day. You might choose to race with the fleet of squibs we have in the club or to join a gentle cruise in company.
- Launch Service - for boat owners and their guests (or those renting the club boats), our launch service ferries you to your boat. Never again spend an hour inflating a dinghy, only to drop your jumper in the water before you've even left the harbour!
- Social Events - from a sit-down Christmas lunch with all the trimmings to a couple of hours taking tactics after a club points race, there's something for everyone. Events are all low-cost and organised by our very own Council. You won't be short of people to share a table with and perhaps even a dance or two at the Burns Night Supper. Members are very welcome to bring guests to the event or come alone to join their fellow members for a tipple.
- Access to the Clubhouse - our clubhouse in Granton Harbour has changing facilities, toilets and showers, a full-service bar and lounge serving teas and coffees, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages and even non-alcoholic gin!
- Access to the Club Crane - suitable for small day boats (e.g. a H Boat), we have our very own crane to lift in your boat, whether you want to lift in an out on your own schedule once per year or you want to dry sail. Our experienced launch operator even offers an assisted lift so you have an expert to guide you and take a share of the heavy-lifting, and a helping hand over to your swinging mooring.
- Access to Swinging Moorings and Pontoon Berths in Granton Harbour - the Harbour Committee maintain swinging moorings in Granton Harbour, attached to a robust ground chain and with pick-up buoys. Members have the exclusive ability to rent these moorings on a seasonal basis. You also have the option of mooring up on the EML Pontoon, for which club members enjoy a much-reduced rate.
- All the Informal Benefits of Royal Forth - Where else can you get advice from racing tactics to fibreglass repair in the yard from members who have been there and done that?
If you're ready to apply, you can click 'join' at the top right of this page or go to www.royalforth.org/join-begin. Membership is discounted for up to three years, so there really is no reason not to join in the fun.
For further information please contact us at email@example.com
Last updated 11:30 on 12 May 2022